MOHELA, a student loan servicing agency, is seeking Call Center Agents for our facility in Chesterfield to counsel student loan borrowers. Agents will be making outgoing calls to delinquent borrowers in order to receive
payments and counsel them on their federal student loan debt.
Candidates must be able to work Noon to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday. You must be able to work 5-10 hours of overtime beyond this schedule which does include Saturdays and/or early arrival for extended periods of time.
Starting salary is $15.00/hr. Comprehensive training will be approximately 6 weeks long from 8 a.m. to 5p.m. Monday through Friday. Hired candidates must be able to attend training every day from September 29 to November 7.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Call Center Experience Preferred
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Excellent Time Management and Multi-tasking Skills
General Statement of Duties:
- Efficiently and accurately respond to incoming and outgoing calls, as well as written correspondence regarding student loan accounts which require a strong understanding of internal departmental processes, policies, procedures and system processes, in accordance
with Federal and State regulations.
- Timely and accurately process departmental tasks to maintain due diligence and third party requirements while being available for call activity. Parties of contact include borrowers, lenders, schools, references, co-signers, and third parties who may be
inquiring on the loan.
- Ensures the highest levels of privacy and security in order to protect our customers, business partners, and MOHELA while providing exceptional customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communication: Consistently represent MOHELA in a professional, confident, and courteous manner when handling incoming and outgoing call activity. Respond to account inquiries via phone and written correspondence while complying with all
Federal, State and internal guidelines and policies which includes Security and Privacy Policies. Demonstrate empathy when responding to sensitive caller situations. Develop professional written correspondence when necessary to supply the borrower with written
confirmation of information requested. Communicate in a professional manner with interdepartmental contacts to research/resolve account situations.
- Student Loan Knowledge: Must demonstrate extension student loan knowledge acquired through new hire training with ability to apply said knowledge to each individual borrower situation.
- Customer Service: Ensures accurate and efficient handling of inbound/outbound calls by providing a positive world class borrower experience including first call resolution and a high quality assurance and meets the Customer Promise
and Customer Service Mission. Ensures timely communication of regulatory updates, policies, system changes and are updated within departmental procedures and on-line reference material for staff. Demonstrates empathy when responding to sensitive caller situations.
Must have exceptional listening skills while multitasking on calls. Utilize fact-finding questions to determine the necessary course of action including but not limited to: demographic and account updates, deferment entitlements, repayment options, and forbearance
- Call handling: Provide accurate account information through a strong knowledge base of internal departmental processes, policies, procedures, and system processes in accordance with Federal and State regulations as well as the
usage of various software products which house account information. Educate the caller with regard to effective management of their student loan. Must navigate each call through MOHELA call flow and all appropriate actions taken to get to appropriate call
- Account Research/Analysis/Resolution: Accurately research and analyze complex account situations to make decisions in which to provide appropriate resolution. Knowledge needed to effectively respond to inquiries include:
- A strong knowledge base of company processes and procedures
- A comprehensive understanding of system processes in order to explain confidently and accurately all account activity
- A thorough understanding of departmental policies as well as Federal and State regulations to ensure appropriate action is taken on the borrower’s account to stay in accordance with policies and regulations
- Knowledge of several internal and external software products which house account information and provide tools to resolve inquiries.
- Delinquency Resolution and Default Prevention: Demonstrate effective delinquency resolution techniques when responding to incoming or outgoing calls to assist MOHELA in reducing the delinquency portfolio and recovery costs. Readily
demonstrate the knowledge to make decisions to assist the borrower through fact-finding questions, and choose the most logical and beneficial resolution. In high delinquency situations utilize strong collection techniques to support all on-going collection
efforts while attempting to reduce MOHELA and its partner’s cohort default rate issued by the Department of Education and the CashLoan default/delinquency rate.
- Complete Additional Departmental Tasks Between Incoming Calls:
Accurately and timely complete tasks including but not limited to: address change correspondence, skiptracing correspondence and related tasks, entering reference demographic information, research credit inquiries and process any necessary updates
- Strives for the Remarkable: Holds one’s self accountable to make a difference. Conveys passion about winning. Deals with the realities of today by investing time, effort, & energy into activities that support future plans. Consistently
follows approved processes. Seeks clarification of expectations. Learns from mistakes & shares learning with others.
- Applies Discipline to Thought and Action: Translates directives to understandable & executable goals for individuals; Develops disciplined processes for meeting objectives, maximizing resources, building momentum & sustaining
success; Does the homework & comes prepared; Seeks opportunities to replicate successful endeavors & practices.
- Score Card (non QA metrics): Must meet or exceed the expectations set forth by the call center in regards to agent overall scorecard and scored metric categories.
- Quality Assurance: Must meet or exceed the expectations set forth by the Quality Assurance Team in regards to call quality scores.
- Attendance: Must follow and abide by the attendance policy set forth by the call center.
To build a diverse workforce, MOHELA encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities and veterans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
In compliance with the American Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with MOHELA, please call 636.733.3700 x3571 (Dan DeBoer), TDD: Dial 711.