MOHELA (Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority) is a leading not-for-profit student loan servicer with $54.8 billion in student loan assets serviced as of 2018. We are a contracted servicer with the Department of Education. We currently have 520 employees and are headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri with an office in Washington, DC.
MOHELA is looking for passionate and customer focused individuals in the position of Student Loan Counselors in our Washington, DC location. Student Loan Counselors receive inbound calls and make outbound calls to delinquent loan borrowers while providing the highest customer service experience and are trained to resolve customer inquiries, take loan payments and provide repayment options to student loan borrowers regarding their student loan debt.PAY:
Starting salary is $21.25/hour. The opportunity to earn up to $24.25 /hour within 6 months may be achieved through an additional performance pay differential. HOURS:
8am-5pm Monday through Friday. Some overtime (Time and a Half Pay) may be requested with an understanding of the potential limitation or unavailability for overtime due to commuting challenges.
Located in the CNN Building (820 First Street NE), MOHELA offers excellent benefits, including:
General Statement of Duties:
- Tuition Assistance up to $12,000 per year after 3 months
- Dependent child tuition reimbursement after 1 year ($12,000 per year)
- MOHELA is a qualifying employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness. This program allows you to receive forgiveness of the remaining balance of your Direct Loans after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments.
- Medical + Dental + and Vision coverage
- 401K with dollar for dollar match up to 8% of salary
- Earn accrued Paid Time Off and Vacation on first paycheck
- Paid holidays
- On site Fitness Center
- Provide relative and personalized counseling and education via the phone to assist the customer to making an informed decision on managing their federal student loan debt.
- Efficiently and accurately handle both inbound and outbound calls within a blended and highly productive call center environment.
- Inform customers on account status, various programs, and finding affordable options to repay their federal student loans.
- Provide counseling for personalized repayment plans and payment suspension within the federal student loan program guidelines.
- Effectively communicate with clients to establish and maintain relationships.
- Ensure the highest levels of privacy and security in order to protect our customers while providing exceptional customer service.
- Federal Clearance Preferred : Active/current 5C Public Trust Clearance or higher
- Experience: Contact Center or customer service experience preferred. Prior federal student loan knowledge would be desired.
- Education: High school diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service soft skills and ability to translate complicated information to customer.
- Ability to effectively complete all necessary tasks with limited supervision.
- Effective and efficient time management, keyboarding, navigation and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to access and understand complex information quickly.
- Highly productive and self-motivated.
To build a diverse workforce, MOHELA encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities and veterans.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 636-733-3700 ext 3571 (TDD: Dial 711) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.