MOHELA is a nationally-recognized leader in student loan servicing and higher education financing. Established in 1981, our success for more than 38 years is due to the tremendous efforts of our outstanding staff. MOHELA is currently searching for an outstanding individual for the position of Senior Business System Analyst.
Located in Chesterfield, Missouri, MOHELA offers excellent benefits, including:
- Medical + Dental + and Vision coverage within 60-90 days
- 401K with dollar for dollar match up to 8% of salary after 1 year
- Fully vested company paid pension after 5 years
- Tuition reimbursement up to $12,000 per year after 3 months
- Dependent child tuition reimbursement after 1 year
What You Will Do
General Statement of Duties:
Plans and directs analysis of complex business problems in coordination with business units and the IT staff to ensure new products and enhancements are fully researched, designed, planned, developed, documented and tested according to MOHELA’s System Development/Acquisition Life Cycle. Lead quality and test activities for software releases. Provide research and support to operations for end-user issues. Responsible for thoroughly understanding the underlying business processes supported by internal applications. Responsible for establishing templates for base project artifacts (Requirements, Design, etc.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Product Development Requests – Review, evaluate and categorize product development requests related to new system functionality or changes to existing functionality. Must be able to effective manage incoming requests and make recommendations to management on prioritization and completion. Must be able to capture estimates and measure actuals to improve the flow of work through the development team.
- Business Analysis – Research and review application development requests. Identify both major and minor tasks. Provide ideas and suggestions to assist with end user “self-service” capabilities and product differentiation. Ensure proper coordination and communication occurs with business units. Create business cases, develop project proposals, and organize project estimates and timelines.
- Prepare project documents as required by MOHELA’s System Development/Acquisition Life Cycle for major tasks. Formulate system solutions in alignment with overall business strategies. Ensure that a written detailed description of user needs, business requirements, and steps required to develop and implement the development request are created and stored in a manner where modifications are easily tracked and retrieved. Guide and mentor other Business Analysts on the processes, structure and business knowledge.
- Project Management – Develop and lead necessary project plans to ensure timely and efficient completion of assigned projects. Ensure that business requirements and system management requirements are well defined and incorporated into each project plan. Ensure that projects stay within the scope of the project proposal. Submit completed project plans to Management personnel for final approval. Assemble and/or monitor project teams to ensure that team members are assigned appropriately with representation from all the necessary business units. Create business cases, develop project proposals, and organize project estimates and timelines. Manage requirements traceability throughout the project lifecycle
- Quality Assurance & Testing – Ensure that project plans and functional specifications have been reviewed and approved by the Project Sponsor, Legal, Policy and Compliance, Security, and the necessary business units before being turned over to the application development team. Provide direct and indirect support for system, integration and quality assurance testing for all application acquisition/development projects to ensure objectives are met. Facilitate resolution to identified software deficiencies and conduct post-implementation follow-up activities.
- Technical Support– Respond to technical support issues from both internal and external users. Look for trends in user issues which could indicate a larger problem.
- Training – Assist with staff training as requested for new/changed products. Ensure product-training materials are designed, developed, documented, and delivered to the appropriate users. Work with MOHELA’s training department and marketing team to ensure complete understanding of the product or service.
- Technology/Industry Trends – Achieve and maintain a current working knowledge of technology application development standards and processes. Stay current on trends within the student loan industry. Attend classes, seminars and conferences designed to build knowledge of the same.
- Communication – Create and distribute written communications including as necessary regarding new products, services plus projects/tasks moving to the production environment for business use. Effectively interact with other MOHELA staff and external parties for the purpose of gathering and providing information related to product development or industry initiatives.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, IT or related field (or equivalent work experience). Minimum of 7 or more years of experience in business analysis and/or software product design. Experience working with the student loan or banking/financial industry would be a plus.
Project Management Ability: Strong knowledge of the software project management lifecycle, and methodologies including Waterfall and Agile. Able to work effectively with developers and management to ensure projects are completed on time and with budget range. Must be able to effectively conduct Return on Investment (ROI) and other financial analysis to support project funding/prioritization.
Technical Skills: Working knowledge/experience in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, and SQL is required. Adobe Acrobat and Team Foundation Server knowledge preferred. Experience in requirements gathering and analysis, writing functional/technical specifications, and user interface development. Basic knowledge of HTML, Salesforce, and programming techniques would be a plus.
- Self-motivated team player with a high degree of professionalism, positive attitude, and confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively adapt to a dynamic, constantly changing, priority shifting environment.
- Self-direction with the ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Organizational and time management skills a must.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email email@example.com or by phone at 636-733-3700 ext 3571 (TDD: Dial 711) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.