Executive Administrative Assistant
FLSA: Non Exempt
Hours: 8 am – 5 pm Monday-Friday, with overtime when necessary
Closing Date: 11/14/19
Report To: Executive Director
What You Will Do
General Statement of Duties:
Provides administrative and project management support to the Executive Director, along with support for other Directors, Assistant Directors and Board of Directors.
- Clerical - Screen incoming calls and correspondence and respond independently when possible. Compose and prepare confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents. Create and maintain database and spreadsheet files. Prepare invoices, reports, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software. Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email. File and retrieve Authority’s documents, records, and reports. Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals. Order supplies, maintain records management systems, and perform basic bookkeeping work.
- Scheduling/Planning - Manage the Executive Director’s calendar and independently schedule appointments. Arrange programs, events, or conferences by arranging facilities and catering. Issue information or invitations, coordinate speakers, and control event budget. Arrange complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compile documents for travel-related meetings.
- Documents/Reports - Direct preparation of records such as agendas, notices, minutes, and resolutions for board meetings. Assist in the development and production of weekly/monthly/yearly reports and board quarterly reports. Read and analyze incoming documents, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution. Provide support to the Board of Directors by taking and distributing minutes and organizing and directing committees.
- Board Meeting Coordinator - Serves as facilitator to Senior Management and members of the Authority’s Board. Builds and maintains professional relationships with Board Members. Coordinates and facilitates meetings and logistics of the Board Members. Issues public notice of all official activities and meetings in accordance with Board policy and the state open meetings law. Attends and takes minutes of meetings, both in the office and at other locations. Assembles, prepares and distributes agendas, minutes and supplemental materials. Prepares comprehensive official minutes and maintains official records of the minutes and other Board-related materials. Schedules and organizes meetings of the Board and Board Committees, including planning for the annual Board retreat. Schedules appropriate meeting rooms and makes any other necessary arrangements, including booking hotel rooms, catering meetings, and setting up audiovisual and telecommunications equipment.
- Travel Coordinator - Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations for the General Counsel, Legal Department staff and the Board Members. Coordinates all appropriate ticketing, making and confirming lodging and airline reservations. Ensures that all travel-related functions prior to travel and after completion of travel, including preparation and submission of expense reports, are accomplished efficiently and effectively.
- Confidentiality - Deals discretely with highly sensitive, confidential information, documents and files including legal and financial information, staff performance and disciplinary matters, information contained in meeting minutes, and other documents concerning MOHELA’s affairs. Reviews, sorts and files a variety of confidential material. Maintains files both in hard copy and electronic format, ensuring that information is filed accurately, is easily accessible to General Counsel and appropriate personnel and that confidential information is maintained in a secure environment.
The Experiece You Will Bring
Advanced level of loan serving and customer service skills and experience gained by two or more years tenure with a student loan organization.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Strong organizational and people skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and board members
- High degree of confidentiality, integrity, and attention to detail
- Commitment to service and excellence
- Reliable and flexible
- Individual should have strong computer knowledge including Microsoft Office and Outlook
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law
To build a diverse workforce, MOHELA encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities and veterans.
In compliance with the American Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with MOHELA, please call please call 636.733.3700 x3571, TDD 7-1-1, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 636-733-3700 ext 3571 (TDD: Dial 711) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.