MOHELA has an exciting opportunity for an Internal Audit Manager in St. Louis County, MO, with five (5) or more years of related experience. This position will be part of a growing audit team and will be responsible for planning and organizing Internal
Audits of departments/functions to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
MOHELA is a nationally-recognized leader in student loan servicing and higher education financing. Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, with an operating center in Columbia, Missouri, and office in Washington, DC, our prime focus is student loan servicing.
Our dynamic team is dedicated to providing world-class customer service for the students whose loans we manage.
Development of Audit Approach
– Tailor an audit program. Update and maintain a rolling two-year Internal Audit Plan.
Supervision of Audits -
Work closely with Internal Audit staff and business process owners to supervise the conduct of audits to assess effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations.
Internal Audit Management
- Evaluate the performance of Internal Audit team members and provide counsel, guidance, training/development, and mentoring leading to improved team performance.
Performance of Audits
– Perform audits in accordance with the standards and guidance of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA). Oversee the creation of audit reports based on Internal Audit results.
Monitoring and Corrective Action
– Track and monitor any findings or improvement opportunities identified during Internal Audits which require corrective action.
- Maintain and assure program compliance through the strategic use of MOHELA’s various systems, keeping current with and accurately interpreting the program rules and regulations and the effective use of certain designated quality
– Understand business needs and objectives and the risks to achieving those objectives to ensure that audit scope and focus is in line with a risk based approach.
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting or Finance or 10 years of relatable experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relatable experience would be public accounting or internal audit experience in a financial services industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive Internal or External Auditing, Compliance, Risk Management or related experience including at least 3 years at a manager level.
- Advanced Degree preferred.
- CPA and or CIA highly desirable.
- Bank examiner or regulatory exam environment experience preferred.
Located in Chesterfield, Missouri, MOHELA offers excellent benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Outstanding retirement benefits including 401(k) with dollar for dollar match up to 8% of salary and Company paid pension
- Tuition reimbursement up to $12,000 per year after 3 months of employment
- Dependent child tuition reimbursement after 1 year of employment
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state
or local law. To build a diverse workforce, MOHELA encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities and veterans.
In compliance with the American Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with MOHELA, please call please call 636.733.3700 x3571, TDD 7-1-1, or firstname.lastname@example.org