MOHELA (Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority), a nationally-recognized leader in student loan servicing is currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist/Trainer. This professional, results oriented individual will split duties between being the on-site
Human Resources contact and facilitating new hire training classes/coaching for our 150+ employee call center facility located in Columbia, MO.
This position is located in Columbia, MO, however, travel to our corporate headquarters in Chesterfield, MO may be required as needed.
No relocation assistance will be provided.
General Statement of Duties:
The generalist performs a variety of responsible, confidential, and complex technical and administrative duties relating to personnel functions and programs including areas of payroll, benefits, recruitment, employee orientation, training and/or other general
human resources areas. This position will also be responsible for delivering training programs as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Assist employees in benefits plan renewal and open enrollment activities. Conduct benefits orientation and respond to employee questions regarding benefits plans and contributions. Maintain thorough knowledge of insurance
plans. Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
Recruiting Support and Backup
- Assists with external recruitment efforts for selected positions such as: resume screening; creation of job advertisements; interviewing; administering testing; reference checking; and offering positions. Organize
applicant flow data, applicant tracking and compile necessary statistics for each recruited position.
Employee Orientation Support
- Distribute, receive, and review all pre-employment, new hire and benefits paperwork and ensure accuracy and timely receipt of required documents. Processes new hire paperwork, including I-9s and E-verify administration.
Set up and maintain employee personnel files; perform routine audits of personnel files.
- Deliver instructional programs to targeted groups and individuals using resources such as computers and audio/visual aids to enhance learning. Adapt training pace and content to address multiple learning levels and styles of
participants. Implements and operates in-house programs, practices, and procedures for training all employees of the Authority, including new hires. Keeps abreast of training and development research: learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials,
methods, and techniques.
- Consult and confirm training plans and programs with appropriate management staff. Schedule trainees and training facility, prepare training materials, audio-visual aids, and room settings for training sessions.
New Hire Supervising
– Responsible for supervising employees while they are in both Classroom Training as well as in Collaborative Coaching. Supervision would include, but not limited to: monitoring and approving timesheets, monitoring new
hire development, and addressing any type of disciplinary action that is needed. Along with these supervisorial activities any concerns need to be communicated to the Training Administrator and appropriate managerial staff. At times, Trainers will be responsible
for supervising 25 or more employees based on the volume of new hire classes.
– During Classroom Training a Trainer will act as a traditional Trainer, however during Collaborative Coaching a Trainer will act as a Coach. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: being assigned a specific
team, communicating trainee concerns, and tracking new hire progress/development.
Excellent Employee Benefits include:
- Bachelor preferred; some college coursework required; 2 or more years of relatable experience. Relatable experience must include payroll processing experience, administration of FMLA, or recruiting and 18 months within a training or supervisory role.
- Working knowledge/experience in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience in presentation and ability to speak in front of large groups necessary.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal). Ability to effectively adapt to a dynamic, constantly changing, environment.
- Detail oriented and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- High degree of professionalism, confidentiality, positive attitude and projects credibility.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff; develops a sense of partnership with colleagues and other department personnel, and all levels of management.
- Commitment to service and excellence.
- Ability to comprehend the “big picture” and translate into tactical operational tasks.
- Self-direction with the ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Medical + Dental + and Vision coverage within 60-90 days after hire
- Opt-Out incentive for employees who show coverage of another group medical plan and opt out (up to $216/month)
- College tuition reimbursement up to $12,000 per year after 3 months for credits earned toward Associates, Bachelors, or Masters degrees
- Dependent child college tuition reimbursement after 1 year
- 401K with dollar for dollar match up to 8% of salary after 1 year
- Fully vested company paid pension after 5 years
- Immediate voluntary participation in a 457(b) non-qualified tax-deferred compensation plan
- 3 weeks vacation and 7 days Paid Time Off is accrued your 1st year
- 6 Paid holidays and 4 Paid personal holidays earned annually
- On-site Fitness Center
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state
or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To build a diverse workforce, MOHELA encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities and veterans.
In compliance with the American Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with MOHELA, please call please call 636.733.3700 x3571, TDD 7-1-1, or email firstname.lastname@example.org